| | |

Mamakcafe.com Malaysia Forum | Technology  | Property | Web Hosting & Domain | Online Marketing forum

Forgot password?
 Register with Mamakcafe
Search
BigDomain.my  Free Website Builder dear user, mamakcafe is a free service, please do not be provocative and offensive to others user. if user are found to be offensive, it will be removed from the system and permenently banned
View: 5470|Reply: 6

Thinking of 3G PC Cards, PCMCIA/Express Card Slot?

[Copy link]

Threads

Friends

Money

Administrator

Post time: 22-4-2006 06:32 PM
|Show all posts
some user may came across some annoying experiance when they been told by telco/computer shops that all 3G PC Cards can be used in all notebooks. Right?? but not quite ... User are to make sure that their notebook have PCMCIA Card Slot before continue to purchase the card. Some computer like the lightweight 1Kg models or some newer notebooks (duo core) models only comes with ExpressCard Slot. rather than the older PCMCIA cards. If you just happens to buy a PCMCIA 3G Cards (or 3G PC CARDs) without a PCMCIA Card Slot in your notebook, it will no doubts be a pieces of junk as you won't be able to use that. alternate solutions for those Intended 3G User, Get yourself a 3G Enabled phone , and access it via bluetooth/cable using your notebooks tell us how you are convinced to buy the cards and found out you can't use it ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

I'm NEW ..

Post time: 22-4-2006 06:39 PM
|Show all posts
Cards are avaliable over in the USA right now, so we can expect 3G ExpressCards in Malaysia in a few months. Start saving now though, as always the price won't be cheap, but to users of notebooks without PCMCIA then theres no other choice.

Use magic Report

匿名  Post time 22-4-2006 07:04 PM

USB Adapters for PCMCIA

I can't find any USb to PCCards Adapters anywhere ...guyz ?

Use magic

Threads

Friends

Money

Post time: 18-4-2007 08:38 AM
|Show all posts
Where can i find the PCMCIA/express card in malaysia?

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

Administrator

Post time: 18-4-2007 10:21 AM
|Show all posts
PCMCIA or Express card , and what is your usage ? 3G/EDGE ? should be able to find it in mobile phone/gadget shop... but express card type is more expensive. Shinrei, you are using Compaq V3000 Series right ? then should be Express Card Slot, thurs , if you want to use 3G/Edge , I recommend you try the Bluetooth to Phone options.. Most nokia smartphone/3G Enabled phone could connect your laptop to the internet throught the supplied USB DATA Cable

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

Post time: 25-4-2007 03:29 PM
|Show all posts
thanx gadgetmaster!! yap... im using presario v3000 series.

Use magic Report

banner1

Threads

Friends

Money

I'm NEW ..

Post time: 12-10-2009 11:39 AM
|Show all posts
Some computer like the lightweight 1Kg models or some newer notebooks (duo core) models only comes with ExpressCard Slot. rather than the older PCMCIA cards. If you just happens to buy a PCMCIA 3G Cards (or 3G PC CARDs).

Regards

Kuroro

___

Use magic Report

RM5.99 Malaysia Domain names with FREE Hosting @ bigdomain.my

Mobile| Archive| Mamakcafe.com a Malaysia Forum | Technology | Property | Web Hosting & Domain | Online Marketing forum , hosted on Bigdomain.my

19-7-2019 06:38 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.131939 sec., 27 queries .