| | |

Mamakcafe.com Malaysia Forum | Technology  | Property | Web Hosting & Domain | Online Marketing forum

Forgot password?
 Register with Mamakcafe
Search
BigDomain.my  Free Website Builder dear user, mamakcafe is a free service, please do not be provocative and offensive to others user. if user are found to be offensive, it will be removed from the system and permenently banned
View: 3261|Reply: 2

Simple Notebook buying guide

[Copy link]

Threads

Friends

Money

Administrator

Post time: 1-4-2007 01:06 PM
|Show all posts
Hi hi .. Guys n Girls , PC Fair is coming and i bet a lot of you is waiting for a good bargain during PC Fair. I am going to share with you some tips and tricks on how to get choose the right notebook. 1)The Weight and screen Factor First look at the Weight/Screen Factor. Bigger screen means heavier in weight. a typical 15" Notebook is somewhere between 2.7Kg to 3.1Kg . But lighter / smaller does not means suitable for everyone. A Quick example, a Student , an occasion traveller from home to school, ideally go for 14" - 15" Screen size Notebooks mostly weight between 2.2Kg to 2.8Kg. The reason is simple. For most student, the notebook will act as the study and entertainment combo (all-in-one) device that do assignment & study, it is also used to watch movie , readings on website etc. Although it is somewhat heavier especially for ladies but for long hours usage, it is more confortable in everyday's use. Personally I like a good 15.4" screen no doubt I do a bit of travelling sometime but not extreme traveller . Well , you will get the idea 2)Perfomance , Features & Price Factor Another confusing decision especially for New buyer. Do not get panic when people tells you , Intel's Core Duo, Core2 Duo, AMD Turion , Turion X 2 ..and so on and so fort .. What kind of graphic card ?? ATI & Nvidia and etc good for gaming , 3D bla bla bla... Let's help you decide here do you have the neccesity to pay for the extra bucks for the extra performance. Sometimes, EXTRA means wasted. For the Processor ,
  • Celeron, Core Solo & Core Duo, AMD Turion Based computer, , Works greats for budget/Everydays less intensive use. First of all it is cheaper in price, and secondly for everyday's office use like word, excel, powerpoint, Email , Web Browsing, Simple Gaming, Movies , DVD ... Most of the time you can't fully utilise the processing power. Unless ...
  • Go for Core2 Duo / Turion x2 type if you are running a performance hunger programs like 3D CAD/CAM Programs, Calculation and simulations , POWER Gaming etc . Besides that , also notes that Power intensive use, Higher RAM & a good graphic card also play an equally important roles in providing PERFORMANCE.
RAM (RANDOM Access Memory), Layman terms .... MEMORY...
  • For Windows XP , 256MB will be sufficient but try go for at least 512MB . You will enjoy a smoother computing experiance when you do a multi-tasking .
  • If you intend to use Vista , at least 512MB RAM and recommend you go for 1GB RAM. Sometime some people prefer to go for even 2GB when CAD/CAM or Heavy Gaming Purposes.
Graphics Cards
  • Intel Extreme based graphics are available in Most Computer and it is Sufficient for Everyday and light Multimedia requirement like photo editing , Movies , light Gaming etc.
  • If you need to use with CAD/CAM based programs or intend buy a heavy load computer for heavy gaming, try to combine at an atleast 1GB RAM with famous graphic card such as ATI/ Nvidia's based card ....
Connectivity/ WIFI / Bluetooth
  • Network Card/Modem & 802.11b/g WIFI has been commonly available for notebook from established brands.
  • Bluetooth are available on mostly on RM3000 onwards but since it is not compulsory features, do check with the store if the particular interested notebook have bluetooth if you need one. If not , simple get a usb dongle from 40-50 bucks.
Edge/3G Internet on the go ??
  • IF you intend to get a notebook for using 3G ? Please take note there are a few ways to get you connected to 3G/Edge for high speed internet via mobile operator.
    • PC CARD/PCMCIA type 3G/Edge Card are the most common used in the market but PCMCIA/PC CArd Slot are getting obsoletes so you may check with the vendor if you need to be used these cards
- WIKIPEDIA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcmcia) Two PC cards. The thinner card is Type II and the thicker is Type III.
ExpressCards compared to the predecessor PC Card.
    • Bluetooth to edge/3G Capable phone - You can always get hooked up to the internet via selected phones and it is convenient if your phone already support edge/3G Data Connection
** DO confirm with your mobile operator on the internet charges before you use otherwise it will burn your pocket by the time you see the bills. Make sure you have subscripbe to the unlimited data plans .

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

I'm NEW ..

Post time: 11-4-2007 10:36 PM
|Show all posts
Thanks for the info.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

Post time: 3-5-2007 02:20 AM
|Show all posts

Thanks

Thank for the usefull guide...

Use magic Report

RM5.99 Malaysia Domain names with FREE Hosting @ bigdomain.my

Mobile| Archive| Mamakcafe.com a Malaysia Forum | Technology | Property | Web Hosting & Domain | Online Marketing forum , hosted on Bigdomain.my

19-7-2019 06:36 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.126968 sec., 27 queries .