| | |

Mamakcafe.com Malaysia Forum | Technology  | Property | Web Hosting & Domain | Online Marketing forum

Forgot password?
 Register with Mamakcafe
Search
BigDomain.my  Free Website Builder dear user, mamakcafe is a free service, please do not be provocative and offensive to others user. if user are found to be offensive, it will be removed from the system and permenently banned
Author: ahcute

not all Router can be used with PenangFon

[Copy link]

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Medal No.2 Medal No.3 Medal No.4

Post time: 29-12-2008 09:12 PM
|Show all posts
One xp system connected no problem. I shutdown the xp system for 30 minit plug out the cable. I used my notebook (XP) still cannot login but the first pc still able login if i on it again. i dont know how long the user name will lock with penangfon. which mean first pc lock by penang fon server, i cannot used xp or vista. tommorow i will call and ask about locking username time frame [ Last edited by therock at 29-12-2008 09:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

Administrator

Post time: 29-12-2008 10:48 PM
|Show all posts
there's one huge issues also

during the day of installation, I'm using notebook and then later I switched to desktop,  I guess I'm lucky as it worked

like PFQ suggested,
I just try to unplug from my desktop and plug to my notebook, authentication failed. I wonder what will happen when I purchase my wireless router

Guyz , for those who have access to http://forum.penangFon.com  , can see some of the issues there

at the same time, I'm requesting patrick of Penangfon to try answer us here and with any luck ...hopefully we all can get rid of the
"authentication problems" !!

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 07:51 AM
|Show all posts

The rock /ahcute : their tech yesterday didnt come but asked my wife to go mayang mall there buy, cos Mr. ong say his tech fully occupied. Then at nite i plug in my new router still cannot authenticate. Then i get frustrated and called the support line , Mr Ong pickup the diverted call and tell me this and that i do everything also the same. He said will send the tech to my house today. since today i'm not at home just my parent  i tell him u ask your tech to makes sure everything is up and running else i wont pay a cent.IF the problem is not from my side i wont pay also. He say he will talk to his tech .

** The rock , 1 thing i found out is that this is their business trick to let them earn our Rm40 labour checking fee. my problem since last sat until now cannot fix? cannot be,even streamyx settle for u in 24 hour the max. When i plug in back to my laptop it works meaning they never reset their system for me to use in my router.

Why do they wan to do that? We r their new customer, doing so will only jeopardise their image.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 07:56 AM
|Show all posts

Shit, try to read this...

http://penangfonblog.blogspot.com/

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 10:52 AM
|Show all posts

Originally posted by pfq2428 at 30-12-2008 07:51 AM <>The rock /ahcute : their tech yesterday didnt come but asked my wife to go mayang mall there buy, cos Mr. ong say his tech fully occupied. Then at nite i plug in my new router still cann ...

our

i unplug my cable and waited for 1 hour .it still with my firstpc and my second pc cannot be login. I have tried all the method i know but still no go. Even we buy new router the username name will lock into my first pc.

Same problem with you. They need to release the username so another pc can login. By right after 5 or 10 minit it must logout. if we shutdown the pc. Just image we all technical guy also having problem how about people dont know about PC more worse. Last easy only just plug in and it works.

[ Last edited by therock at 30-12-2008 10:55 AM ]

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 11:01 AM
|Show all posts
I have spoken with Patric he said by right it should take 5 to 10 minit to logout. I told this is not happening. He said will check and let me know. Basically, the they want us to used route. For me i think it is like forcing us. By right whern plug direct it should work. Let' give him pressure by calling him everyday. [ Last edited by therock at 30-12-2008 12:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

banner1

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 11:13 AM
|Show all posts
Dear Mr. Ong,
                         I think the problem is not from the router as the day before i also cannot use it at my PC but my laptop is ok. So some how i think your server is still capturing the login only at my laptop. I heard one of my neighbour from 4th floor, an indian also facing the same issue with me. I think your tech have to find some solution for Relau Vista as more and more owner is thinking of taking Penangfon.If this cannot be solved meaning you are loosing out to StreamyX as theirs is more easier to configure and can managed by themself.
I think you need to let your installer know when they installing the RJ45 cables make sure they inform this issue to the new owner as we are never told that we need to wait 5 mins before plug in to another pc or our existing router cannot be use.

Thank You

regards,
WINSTON WONG

To: pfq2428@yahoo.com; netsupport@penangfon.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:38:52 AM
Subject: Re: [PenangFON] Support Request from [Winston Wong Chee Kean]. Case No: []

Dear Wong,

Thank you for your email. We have arranged for our tech to check your connection for you. If there is a problem with the router, it is under warranty and we are able to replace it for you.

Regards.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 11:18 AM
|Show all posts
RM40 for sure to pay them if cannot login to their server ..cos this is what they want us to think that is our problem and they need to send Tech( i think is subcon) to our house to fix. Maybe they just need to give a call to the administrator then that time he reset ..walla it works and charges us Rm40 saying is our setting problem. We cannot prove anything accept showing them that our setting and theirs is the same. If the use to get Rm40 all this while i bet they got a way to get it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 12:00 PM
|Show all posts
mr patrick says he will reset my username. I think i know how to overcome this problem. Let me try today see if it works or not.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 01:49 PM
|Show all posts
he told me he reset for me since last saturday, how u wan to overcome if the problem is with their server?

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 02:00 PM
|Show all posts

I try and see if it works i will share with you. if not we will need to talk with patrick

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 04:35 PM
|Show all posts
The Tech didnt go my house...i think they like give empty promises. I wonder the tech is from their own staff or sub con. I starting to getting fedup.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 04:48 PM
|Show all posts

Originally posted by pfq2428 at 30-12-2008 04:35 PM The Tech didnt go my house...i think they like give empty promises. I wonder the tech is from their own staff or sub con. I starting to getting fedup.

My pass experience with them it will take 4 to 5 days(Old apartment). Should be ownuy people. they only have 3 people working including installation guys.

[ Last edited by therock at 30-12-2008 04:49 PM ]

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

VIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 05:18 PM
|Show all posts
Patrick asked me to bring back my router let them check they suspect is the router still. what are they trying to prove? i told them even another pc cannot use how can is the router. i think they got no more good explanation already.

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

SuperVIP

Post time: 30-12-2008 05:26 PM
|Show all posts

Originally posted by pfq2428 at 30-12-2008 05:18 PM Patrick asked me to bring back my router let them check they suspect is the router still. what are they trying to prove? i told them even another pc cannot use how can is the router. i think they ...

Well i know you know it is not router. We have make this clear to him.  We need to ask patrick what server he is using windows 2008 & 2003 and also switch model

[ Last edited by therock at 30-12-2008 05:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

RM5.99 Malaysia Domain names with FREE Hosting @ bigdomain.my

Mobile| Archive| Mamakcafe.com a Malaysia Forum | Technology | Property | Web Hosting & Domain | Online Marketing forum , hosted on Bigdomain.my

24-5-2019 11:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.174915 sec., 21 queries .